- This event has passed.
Taizé Worship Service at Plymouth Congregational Church
March 16, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
During the Lenten season in March, a number of Taizé worship services will take place at various churches around the city. You’re invited to attend any and all of them!
The locations/dates/times of all the services are as follows:
- First Baptist Church, 1330 Kasold Dr. | Sunday, March 4, 6:00 p.m.
- Ecumenical Campus Ministries, 1204 Oread Ave. | Friday, March 9, 6:00 p.m.
- Plymouth Congregational Church, 925 Vermont St. | Friday, March 16, 6:00 p.m.
- St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church, 1229 Vermont St. | Friday, March 23, 6:00 pm
- Peace Mennonite leads, but location is First Baptist, 1330 Kasold Dr. | Friday, March 30 (Good Friday), 7:30 p.m. (note different time from the rest)
What is a Taizé service and what is its origin? A Taizé worship service involves sung and chanted prayers, meditation, a period of silence, and liturgical readings. There is no preaching. The style of prayer practiced at Taizé has attracted many worshipers from around the globe and from many different denominations. Taizé is an ecumenical interspirtual community in France.