Saturday, May 29th at the church garage, from 4-6 p.m. is the final DROP OFF opportunity at FBC for your electronic waste items if you want us to take it to the local collection for you on June 5.
BUT if you missed the computer drop-off dates, no problem! Just before the county-wide collection, the Green Team will be doing an “Electronic Waste” PICK-UP on Friday morning, June 4. (The main June 5 event will be crowded, so save your time, gasoline and vehicle!) You don’t have to be home at pick-up time. We can get your stuff from your porch, driveway, etc. Please see below for the list of acceptable stuff, and gather it up!
Some quick guidelines:
- No amount is too small! Gather up your old small appliances (lamps, recording gadgets, motorized toys, electric kitchen devices, printers, laptops, etc.) and cables, connectors!
- To get us to pick up, please email the church office with your name, address and phone number. We will get you on the schedule.
- Please attach your device’s connector to it, if possible.
- Remove all bulbs and batteries from your stuff if possible. (See the list below – they don’t want them.)
- Save your dead batteries and fluorescent bulbs for next month. We will make a run to the hazardous waste site in July.
Here’s the OK list: Anything with a cord or battery, including, but not limited to:
- monitors (FLAT only, NO CRTS)
- TVs (But NOT CRT’s)
- gaming systems
- light fixtures (without bulbs! see list below)
- (non-PCB) ballasts
- stereos, radios, phones*
- audio / visual equipment
- lab equipment, cables, battery backup systems
- other small appliances
- CDs, VHS and cassette tapes
* Teknix’s certified equipment handlers take every precaution to guarantee data safety. Any equipment they receive is securely destroyed on site or wiped clean using NIST SP 800-88 standards.
- Fire alarms, smoke detectors, thermometers.
- All light bulbs, PCB ballasts, alkaline batteries (Lawrence residents can make an appointment to take these items to Household Hazardous Waste)
- chemicals of any kind, especially hazardous ones
- tires, furniture, large appliances, and devices containing Freon
ALSO: If you can help Team Green with this event, see SignUp Genius to sign up.