FBC IN-HOUSE FOOD PANTRY:
Update regarding COVID-19 and social distancing:
The FBC in-house food pantry will be open on its regular schedule below. A no-touch system is in place. Bags of food are pre-prepared, ready to go. The front double doors will be open, and a bag of food will be placed in the vestibule outside the inner doors. You’ll just grab the bag and go. During the COVID-19 crisis, guests are invited to visit the food pantry up to *2 times* each month.
- Every Wednesday from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- 1st & 3rd Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Please call 843-0020 if you have questions.
HARVESTERS MOBILE FOOD PANTRY:
Attention guests and volunteers, regarding COVID-19 and social distancing:
The Harvesters mobile food pantry in FBC’s parking lot will continue as scheduled at this time. We continue to stay in touch with Harvesters for updates, and we’ll let you know here if anything changes.
Here is the plan for how mobile distributions will be handled to minimize contact and maintain required social distance:
- Distribution will be limited to no more than 2 households per vehicle. (Sorry for this, but it’s so volunteers won’t have to hand items to guests or open more vehicle doors than absolutely necessary.)
- At the first stop, the distribution volunteer will stand 6 feet away from your car and ask you to open your vehicle window to give your first name and zip code, which will be recorded by the volunteer. (No sign-ins at this time.)
- The pallets of food will be spread out more to make room for social distancing for the volunteers. When possible, we’ll assign volunteers from the same family unit to distribute from the same pallet.
- Guests, please clear as much space as possible in your trunk or cargo area. We will not be loading inside the seats of the vehicles to keep everyone safe! To the extent possible, limit the number of passengers with you. (We do understand some families must bring their children along.) And please be patient with us, as volunteers may be lower in numbers than usual.
- Volunteers, we do need you, but please don’t come if you suspect you may be sick (obviously), have traveled to a high-risk area, or are immuno-compromised or particularly susceptible for any reason. Please wear a mask. We have some gloves available, but if you have your own please bring them to wear.
Blessings to you all from FBC and our mobile food pantry partners.
The Harvesters Mobile Food Pantry comes to FBC on the 4th Saturday of each month, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (EXCEPTION: there is usually one single distribution covering the 2 months of November and December that takes place earlier in December, because often the 4th Saturday falls on Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas weekend.) It’s a drive-through distribution in the FBC parking lot.
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, Salvation Army, Trinity Interfaith Food Pantry, Pelathe District Boy Scouts, and First Baptist Church are partners in carrying out this distribution.
You can learn more about Harvesters on their website here. You can also visit this page on their site, where you can type your zip code into a food assistance service locator to see organizations in your area where you may receive assistance. There, you can click to specify the service type you seek: Pantry, Mobile Distribution, or Onsite Meals.