It happens that we have a KU bus stop near the entrance to our parking lot! COVID-19 has put the kibosh on things, but in the past, we’ve tried to be hospitable neighbors by doing things like:
- offering parking for bus riders in our lot near the bus stop
- putting out a table with cookies and cocoa during finals week
- Ash Wednesday “ashing” in the parking lot for those who wanted it
- Shrove Tuesday pancake feed (and coffee!) for the bus riders
- Easter egg hunt on our grounds for bus riders with gift cards or $$ in the eggs
- finals week study space in our (very quiet during the week!) building and snacks
Our goal is to just show a little unobtrusive love to the bus-riding students in our Lawrence community.