As I return from this afternoon’s “exit” interview with Rev. Dr. Joe Kutter, I am struck by…
…what a wonderful final week it has been:
- Receiving together words of challenge and wisdom from our Martha Stearns Marshall preacher, Kimberly White.
- Enjoying cake and punch with Pastor Joe as we said goodbye as a congregation.
- Laughter and fish tacos for our final staff meeting together with Joe.
- Listening to his passion and wisdom about religious freedom and its protectors such as Thomas Helwys (who wrote the book that the attached picture depicts) during his presentation on his work with the Baptist Joint Committee.
- Sharing words of blessing and prayers for the future during this afternoon’s meeting, as he offered gratitude for our church, our staff, and the chance to serve as our interim Associate Pastor.
…and what a wonderful six months it has been:
- Watching Joe engage and get to know our congregation through our worship and ministry.
- Learning together how our model of becoming a teaching church would work with a part-time Associate.
- Getting to work again with Joe as a colleague and ministry partner.
- Recognizing again and again that Joe has been the perfect fit for this time of transition, and recognizing again and again how thankful we have been for his presence.
“I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you, because of your sharing in the gospel from the first day until now.” Philippians 1.3-5