FBC IN-HOUSE FOOD PANTRY:
FBC experienced a sanctuary fire on 10/15/2021, but we’re still here, and the food pantry is still going!
The food pantry will continue to operate on its regular schedule, with food being distributed with low contact. All volunteers and guests will be required to wear a mask and practice social distancing. Masks are available if you need one. No identification is needed to access our pantry or mobile distribution. We only ask the number of people in your household.
Guests may shop from items available in our pantry, choosing what best fits their family. We will operate out of doors as much as the weather allows so as to create the safest environment for guests and volunteers.
During the COVID-19 crisis, guests are invited to visit the food pantry up to *2 times* each month.
- Every Wednesday from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
- 1st & 3rd Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Please call 785-843-0020 if you have questions.
HARVESTERS MOBILE FOOD PANTRY:
Attention mobile food pantry guests and volunteers, regarding COVID-19 and social distancing:
The Harvesters mobile food pantry in FBC’s parking lot will continue as scheduled. We continue to stay in touch with Harvesters for updates, and we’ll let you know here if anything changes.
Here is the plan for how mobile distributions will be handled to minimize contact and maintain required social distance:
- Distribution will be limited to no more than 3 households per vehicle. (Sorry for this, but it’s so volunteers won’t have to hand items to guests or open more vehicle doors than absolutely necessary.)
- At the first stop, the distribution volunteer will stand 6 feet away from your car and ask you to open your vehicle window to give your first name and zip code, which will be recorded by the volunteer. (No sign-ins at this time.)
- The pallets of food will be spread out more to make room for social distancing for the volunteers. When possible, we’ll assign volunteers from the same family unit to distribute from the same pallet.
- Guests, please clear as much space as possible in your trunk or cargo area. We would like to avoid loading inside the seats of the vehicles to better social distance. To the extent possible, limit the number of passengers with you. (We do understand some families must bring their children along.) And please be patient with us, as volunteers may be lower in numbers than usual.
- Volunteers, we do need you, but please don’t come if you suspect you may be sick (obviously), have traveled to a high-risk area, or are immuno-compromised or particularly susceptible for any reason. Please wear a mask. We have some gloves available, but if you have your own please bring them to wear. Blessings to you all from FBC and our mobile food pantry partners.
The Harvesters Mobile Food Pantry comes to FBC on the 4th Saturday of each month, from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. (EXCEPTION: there is usually one single distribution covering the 2 months of November and December that takes place earlier in December, because often the 4th Saturday falls on Thanksgiving weekend and Christmas weekend. The mobile food pantry is a drive-through distribution in the FBC parking lot.
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas, Trinity Interfaith Food Pantry, Pelathe District Boy Scouts, and First Baptist Church are partners in carrying out this distribution.
You can learn more about Harvesters on their website here. You can also visit this page on their site, where you can type your zip code into a food assistance service locator to see organizations in your area where you may receive assistance. There, you can click to specify the service type you seek: Pantry, Mobile Distribution, or Onsite Meals.