Upcoming Collection Dates
Just before the next Saturday county-wide collection, FBC’s Team Green will be doing an electronic waste collection on Friday or before. (The main Saturday event is usually crowded, so save your time, gasoline, and vehicle!) Check the calendar above for the next scheduled collection.You don’t have to be home at pick-up time.
We can get your stuff from your porch, driveway, etc. Please see below for the list of acceptable stuff, and gather it up!
How to sign up:
Please click the button below, or email the church office with your name, address, and phone number.
Some quick guidelines:
- No amount is too small! Gather up your old small appliances (lamps, recording gadgets, motorized toys, electric kitchen devices, printers, laptops, etc.) and if you have them, their cables and connectors!
- Attach your device’s cable or connector to it, if you have it.
- Remove all bulbs and batteries from your stuff if possible. (See the list below—they don’t want them.)
- Save your dead batteries and fluorescent bulbs—they go to the Household Hazardous Waste facility instead. And we can help you out with that, too! Get more info and keep an eye out for the next hazardous waste collection event HERE.
Here’s the OK list—Anything with a cord or battery, including, but not limited to:
- monitors (FLAT only, NO CRTS)
- TVs (But NOT CRT’s)
- gaming systems
- light fixtures (without bulbs! see list below)
- (non-PCB) ballasts
- stereos, radios, phones*
- audio / visual equipment
- lab equipment, cables, battery backup systems
- other small appliances
- CDs, VHS and cassette tapes
* Teknix’s certified equipment handlers take every precaution to guarantee data safety. Any equipment they receive is securely destroyed on site or wiped clean using NIST SP 800-88 standards.
- Fire alarms, smoke detectors, thermometers.
- All light bulbs, PCB ballasts, alkaline batteries (these go to the Household Hazardous Waste facility instead. See HERE for info on Team Green’s monthly hazardous waste collections!)
- Chemicals of any kind, especially hazardous ones
- Tires, furniture, large appliances, and devices containing Freon
ALSO: If you can volunteer to help Team Green with this event, please check the “I’d like to volunteer” box on the collection signup form, or contact Marylee Southard or the church office.